Torrance, CA —Robinson is officially accepting orders for its new two-place R44 Cadet. The introductory price with standard equipment is $339,000 USD, the float equipped version is $367,000 USD, and the required non-refundable deposit is $40,000 USD. Serial numbers will not be assigned and delivery dates will not be confirmed until FAA certification is complete.
The R44 Cadet’s airframe, rotor system, and powerplant (Lycoming O-540-F1B5) are the same as the proven R44 Raven I. Where the Cadet differs is the rear seats have been removed providing ample cargo space, the maximum gross weight has been reduced to 2200 lb and the engine power has been derated to 210 hp takeoff and 185 hp continuous. The lower weight and derated power provide increased performance margins at high altitudes and extend the time between overhaul (TBO) from 2200 hours to 2400 hours, reducing operating costs.
A variety of optional equipment including air conditioning, stability augmentation system and autopilot, and avionic packages for VFR or IFR training are available.
Robinson will display the R44 Cadet at this year’s HAI Heli-Expo Convention in Louisville, Kentucky, March 1-3.
• Gross Weight – 2200 lb (998 kg)
• Empty Weight (incl oil & avionics) – 1432 lb (650 kg)
• Max Fuel (46.5 gal) – 279 lb (126 kg)
• Pilot, Passenger and Baggage with full fuel – 489 lb (222 kg)
• Cruise Speed – up to 110 kts (127 mph)
• Max Range (no reserve) – approx 300 nm (350 sm)
• Hover Ceiling IGE @ Max Weight – 8750 ft
• Hover Ceiling OGE @ Max Weight – 5250 ft
• Rate of Climb – over 1,000 fpm
• Max Operating Altitude – 14,000 ft
*R44 Cadet specifications are based on preliminary test data and are subject to change.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters. For additional information, visit www.robinsonheli.com.